Friday, May 14, 2010

Anxiety attacks and how do I control it!?

I am 52 and I have been taking anxiety meds since I was 25. I won't take long trips because of it. Attacks make my stomach upset to the point I have the runs and it is hard to go to the bathroom on the road. So I end up worrying before I even leave the house and most of the time I end up staying home. I just can't get to the point where I can control the attacks. Am I hopeless?Anxiety attacks and how do I control it!?
You are not helpless. The doctor who as been prescribing the medication you have been taking for so long needs to know that you are having break through episode on this medication and you might possibly need to have another drug added to create a cocktail of drugs that will alleviate some of the extreme feelings you are currently having. Also speaking to a professional who your doctor may recommend may alleviate some of the problems that you are now having from the anxiety attacks. Usually a psychiatrist is able to better evaluate the situation and add or change the medications which you are now taking but it is necessary that you tell him or her that problem that is escalating at this point in time. Please do not hesitate as this type of problem can exacerbate further and more severe problems in the near future if not taken care of now.Anxiety attacks and how do I control it!?
You are NOT hopeless!! You should be seeing a therapist, and you should probably be taking some anti-anxiety meds on top of that. You may only have to take them for a short while, until you learn ways to control the attacks. I know where you're coming from. I used to not be able to go grocery shopping. I'd end up leaving the grocery cart in the middle of the aisle and just going home. Be strong, there is hope.
you should probably talk to a therapist and they can help you work some things out like breathing exercises

No comments:

Post a Comment