Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is it OK to uninstall the Windows updates in Control Panel?

My startup is taking longer and longer. I went to uninstall programs I never use, and there are 102 Windows updates and hotfixes running when the list populates. Once those have been installed, I have to run them forever? Can I delete them and have fewer processes running without making my PC more vulnerable? (I have XP, btw)Is it OK to uninstall the Windows updates in Control Panel?
Hi, don't delete them. You see they r just patches that fix security problems, they r not programs so they don't actually run cause even if u do remove them windows will just download them again. If u want to speed up ur computer then restart in safe mode and visit http://onecare.live.com and run Microsoft's free safety scan. Then restart normally and scan disk for errors and bad sectors. Later defragment ur hard disks. Also go to start%26gt;run and type msconfig and go to the tab start up services and stop any unnecessary software u don't use from loading on start up. I hope I helped.


Good Luck and take care!Is it OK to uninstall the Windows updates in Control Panel?
u can uninstall all updates, however if u see a set of security updates i would recommend to leave them installed. They don't slaw down your computer but protect very well of viruses.
Hi, if it is done by add remove programs in control panel it should not cause any problem.





jim
Yes you can delete them, as soon as you know that your system is OK with the changes done by the update.





After doing so you can麓t uninstall them of course!
when you answered my question about when go comes and stuff you really answered my question and EXACTLY what i wanted and it really helped a lot, are you christian? umm yea soo when my question time ends, im marking you as best answer, just a heads up so thanx u helped a ton!
  • dermalogica
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment