Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What would you like to ask?Is it right for me to try to control my relatives kids?

When one of my family members comes to visit something always gets broke and her two kids wreck my house. she never tells them to stop hanging on the door handles, stay out of the fridge, ect. she acts like she don't notice the bad behavior. Is it ok for me to correct them?


What should I do?What would you like to ask?Is it right for me to try to control my relatives kids?
Yes, Its your house so you have the right. Be polite about it, but firm enough that she will take notice also. Then about 10-15 min before they leave tell all the kids to pick up before they go. And If mom tries to leave before they finish, call the kids back and tell her they are almost done and tell them go ahead and finish before they go. Just do it as nicely and as firmly as possible. That lets the kids and mom know and see how things need to be done when there in your house.What would you like to ask?Is it right for me to try to control my relatives kids?
The best thing for you to do would be to talk to your family member about it. And ask her if she would prefer you saying something to them, or if she would rather say something to them. Then she will know that you don't like that behavior and maybe do something about it. You do have the right to politely say to her kids. Can you please stay out of my fridge, and so on. But best to talk about it with their parents first.
Definitely okay. Your house, your rules. RIGHT when they walk in the door say, ';Okay kids, you can go to play room and play with the toys but if you need anything else, let us know.';


If they start acting up, reprimand them. Tell them if they dont stop they wont be able to play anymore. If that doesnt work, you need to have a talk with her. OR keep playdates at her house so your's doesnt get ruined.
depends on how well you get along with the family member.


I have no issue telling my nieces and nephew what the rules in my house are.


If they are doing something that's outright not acceptable, a quick, We don't do that in my house normally stops it.


She may be so overwhelmed and happy to get out of the house she's blocking it all out.
I think you should correct them. If you don't put your foot down they are going to ruin your house, let alone think your a push over. Talk to their mother 1-0n-1 and explain how you feel. If she doesn't listen, keep her kids out our house. It's that simple.
You set the rules in your house. If the mother does not set standards of behavior for her kids that respect your things then you are well within your rights to do so. She will either catch on or she can stop bringing them over.
Simply stop inviting them over to your house. Duh!
its your house your rules if she cant respect that then they need to stop coming over until they do
My sis-n-law was like that. on her last visit, I yelled at her. she hasn't been back! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment