Friday, May 14, 2010

Does the birth control shot affects pregnancy after getting off of it?

I was on the depo shot for 3 years but i was getting on and off of it. now i want kids does that affect me having kids now?Does the birth control shot affects pregnancy after getting off of it?
Depo can cause a delay in fertility for up to one year. I knew this in advance so switched from Depo to the NuvaRing a year before trying. I conceived my first cycle trying after going off of the NuvaRing. Be prepared for it to take awhile coming off of Depo.Does the birth control shot affects pregnancy after getting off of it?
Yes, in the sense that you will either not conceive at all or have miscarriages until you have normal periods. I had 2 miscarriages (the first 6 months after going off Depo) afterwards, but I had constant extremely heavy periods for a long time. It wasn't until a full year after stopping the Depo that I was able to conceive and not miscarry. Careful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment