Friday, January 22, 2010

Can I take birth control on the week im supposed to have my period? Is it bad if i do?

I'm going to be going on vacation and it lands on the week im supposed to have my period, and i really dont want to be on it! Is it safe to take birth control on the week that im supposed to be on my period just that one time?Can I take birth control on the week im supposed to have my period? Is it bad if i do?
Yes it is...but talk to your doctor first.





My friend takes the pill to regulate and control her periods...sometimes she can stop it for months if she doesn't want it. The doctor said this was up to her and it doesn't do any harm. Well...stopping your period for months and years wouldn't be too great I imagine lol.Can I take birth control on the week im supposed to have my period? Is it bad if i do?
Yes. It's not wise to do it too often, but you can skip the placebo (white) pills and start a new pack and avoid having your period and be fine and avoid it for a month. It will likely be more heavy and possibly more uncomfortable the next month, but sometimes that's a good tradeoff.
My doctor told me that you can skip you period if you want to. It is safe. Haven't you heard of the pill that allows you to only have 4 periods a year. All it does is skips the inactive pills. It will be ok to skip your period if you r on birth control that has the same amount of hormones. If you are on a low birth control that has different levels of hormones(like ortho- tri cyclen) you shouldnt do it because the third week of pills has a high dose of hormones and the first week of the next pack has low hormones. You might still bleed if you do that. as long as you are on a birth control with one level of hormones, you can skip your period safely. I hope i helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment