Sunday, January 24, 2010

How long does it take for your body to get used to being off birth control?

I have been on and off birth control for 13 years now, and I am wanting to get off of it again but I can not remember how long it took for my body to get back on tract. What is the normal time frame? I am wanting to get pregnant also how long could it take for me to concieve? I am 29 and wanting to start a family.How long does it take for your body to get used to being off birth control?
I went through the same thing about a year ago. After being on various strength pills for 13 years, my husband %26amp; I decided it was time to start a family. My midwife told me that it could take up to a year to start ovulating normally.





A friend recommended the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, which explains charting fertility signs to be able to tell when you are ovulating.





Twenty days after going off the pill I ovulated for the first time, and had 3 regular cycles that lasted about 32 days before getting pregnant.





Everyones body is different %26amp; reacts to the hormones in different ways, but if you chart your temps %26amp; fertility signs you will be able to have an informed conversation with your OB/GYN about your fertility %26amp; starting a family. It will also give you all of the information you need for when to have sex with the best chance of getting pregnant.





Happy baby making!How long does it take for your body to get used to being off birth control?
From my own experience with BC, you can get pregnant pretty much immediately after you stop taking the pill. However, I think doctors recommend you be off it for a few months before conceiving.
You can use ovulation calendar like


http://www.softorbits.com/awc/


to find the best date to conceive a baby.
it took me within a month i got pregnant pretty guick it shocked me but everybody's body is different I have known it to take 3 months even 6 good luck
everyone is different for me it took 3 months but some ppl have got pregnant after a month, doesnt reallt matter how long you have been on it b4, some docs say wait for 3 months or so but it doesnt really matter

No comments:

Post a Comment