Friday, January 22, 2010

How long did it take for you to have your first natural period after stopping bith control pills?

I've been on multiple forms of hormonal birth control pills for the last 9 years.I had my last bcp period at the end of July, and now I'm waiting for my first natural period. My husband and I have decided to start trying to conceive and I've heard that i's best to wait until after the first natural period cycle. I'm wondering how long it has taken you, ladies to get your first natural period after birth control? 4 weeks and waiting....How long did it take for you to have your first natural period after stopping bith control pills?
Mine came right on time... maybe off by a few days. But otherwise at the normal time. Give it another week and maybe try contacting your OB.How long did it take for you to have your first natural period after stopping bith control pills?
I had my first ';natural'; period about 5 weeks after stopping bcp's. I actually had what I thought was a period at 4 weeks, but it was very light for that week and then the real thing happened the following week...ugh, two weeks of tampons!





I was on bcp's for ten years and went off of them about three months ago, so my husband and I could begin trying for a baby. I began using the Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Tests (the best ones on the market) right away since I knew my natural cycle would be difficult to predict. The test never changed to a smiley face at any point during the three months I was testing, and I was very worried that I wasn't ovulating. Finally, on 8/26, I got a smiley face! Needless to say, it's very unlikely that you will get pregnant within the first couple of months after discontinuing bcp's since your body has to relearn to regulate itself, but we all know it can happen. Lots of luck!
When I first quit taking birth control pills (I was on them for 7 years) I went 3 months with out a period. It was then another 3 months before my next, and then it went down to 2 months between, and now I've been off of the pill for a year and a half, and I have about 6 weeks in between my periods.....talk about frustrating when ttc! But, everyone's body is different! Best of luck to you!
If you read this article it says that you should have your first natural period 4-6 weeks after your last pill. Also the only reason that they say to wait is so that it is easier for the doctor to pinpoint what day you conceived and your due date.
Last time I stopped.. it was like a week later than usual.. this time.. I havent had any.. stopped taking them August 5th.. If you don't start within a week or 2.. I would suggest going to see your doctor.. just so you know it's nothing else more serious.. good luck. xo
I stopped the pill mid-June (this year)





and didn't have a period until mid-August.






when i quit a few years ago it started right on time, 28 days later like it always does but i have always had a 28 day cycle whether i was on bc pills or not.
It took me about two monhs before my period actually came.

No comments:

Post a Comment