Friday, January 22, 2010

Is it normal to get a biweekly menstrual cycle while taking birth control?

I am a twenty year old female who has been on the pill for almost a year, and starting a little over two months ago I began to experience my period every 2 weeks, even though there was no change in my birth control pill regiment. Upon going to the doctor for this problem, he prescribed me a different birth control pill (with different hormone dosages). But two weeks later I got my period again. Is this normal, or is this potentially something I should be concerned about.Is it normal to get a biweekly menstrual cycle while taking birth control?
That happened when I was first starting out on the pill. I just talked to my obgyn about it, and she gave me a different type. You're most probably all right, but it would be good to talk to your doctor. Bi-weekly periods are annoying.Is it normal to get a biweekly menstrual cycle while taking birth control?
I know someone who had this problem, visit your doctor again. She had to try many different pill forms and dosages, and has yet to find one that truly works correctly. Its probably better if you continue using condoms or other forms of birth control in case its not even doing its job. The person i knew had a hormonal problem, that was flared up by her taking the pill. It may be the same for you.
i had the same problem i tried like 5 different pills with the same results, eventually i got an implanon in my arm. all was good for about 8 months then the constant bleeding started al over again so i had to have it removed. my conclusion on all this is that some people just aren't made for birth control. like me and possibly you
You need to take the pill at exactly the same time every day. When you are on BCP's you do not get a regular period just withdrawel bleeding. I would try to take it at exactly the same time every day. I know if I am late with taking the pill I will get my period.
if it's just spotting it's completely normal. if it's a full blown period i would check with the dr. probably your hormones and the hormones from the pill aren't balanced. see a gyno.


this happened to my mom and she ended up getting a hysterectomy...





good luck
I have heard of it,but if it's not heavy I wouldn't worry to much about it. Do you have the dr's number where you can can ring up the nurse there?

No comments:

Post a Comment