Friday, January 22, 2010

How did he screw me ?? I just got a new automatic gate put in and it came with only one remote control !?

device The man that installed it says it would cost 60 dollars for each new one . After he left I took the remote control down to the local electrician and ask if he could order me a couple at less cost he said yes took my new remote control and said they could clone it ! would cost me half .I came back the next day to pick it up and he gave me back my old one and two new ones . I took them home and none of them worked . I took them back to the electrician he said all they do is put in a machine to copy the codes that it must be my fault my old one didnt work . He gave me back my money for the clones and took them back but now Im stuck with a device that wont work . what do I do ?How did he screw me ?? I just got a new automatic gate put in and it came with only one remote control !?
the guys you took it to prolly screwed up the coding in the remote. see if the instruction manual that came with the opener (if he left you one) tells you how to recode it. if not, call the guys who installed it and tell him it doesn't work. being that it is brand new, he will most likely fix it for free, unless it smell like a toilet (definately don't do that). after it works again, take it to a garage door company. they will most likely have the remotes you need. $60 is alot for a remote. i used to sell a long range setup (about 3/4 of a mile) and that cost only $65. most remotes should cost about $30 or so.How did he screw me ?? I just got a new automatic gate put in and it came with only one remote control !?
You never know who knows who in that business. It is probably full of ';good ol boys';. Since the original remote is not working just drop it in the toilet and call the original vendor to see if it is under a warranty that will cover the cost of replacement. If it isn't' ask if you can get a discount for the new one. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment