Sunday, January 24, 2010

Is it really rare for a person to be able to control, and change a dream?

I have been able to for a while now. Does anyone know if it's genetic or something?Is it really rare for a person to be able to control, and change a dream?
I'm not sure, but I have the ability to wake myself up, although it's only when I'm having the certain recurring nightmare about zombies (I've been having this dream since I was 9 or 10 when the 2004 remake of Dawn Of The Dead came out). I can actually force myself out of a dead sleep, and I'm just about the heaviest sleeper on the face of this earth. But, I did have this dream when I was about 4 or 5 where I had this remote thingy in my hand, and I was choosing my dream. It was freeeeaaaaaaky.Is it really rare for a person to be able to control, and change a dream?
It really depends on what dream theory you're talking about and to what degree of control, there's Freud's, waking life theory, spiritual ideas, activation synthesis.... their actually really interesting if you look them up, Wikipedia would probably be a good starting place
All a dream is, is your unconscious mind. So if you think in your dream you can change it. But most people can't be at that level. As most don't pay attention to what they dream of.
I wouldn't say rare but I don't know if it has to do wit genetics. But what you're experiencing is called ';Lucid Dreaming';. Many people would die to control their dreams.
yes i think it's rare, i can only change my day dreams (everybody can) but not my dreams when i'm sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment