Friday, January 22, 2010

Is it possible to get my period while taking the active birth control pills?

I just started my very first pack of birth control pills (Ortho Tri-cyclen lo) and I'm totally new to this, so I'm a little confused. I started my pack using the Sunday start and that day I got my period, so I started my pills. I'm nearing my placebo pills, which is supposed to be the week I get my period (right?) but it seems to soon. Will I get my period while on the placebo pills or is it possible I can get it once I start taking the active pills again?Is it possible to get my period while taking the active birth control pills?
Yes, it is normal, especially if you first started taking the pills. Your body is in the process of becoming accustomed to the cycle the pills provide. Right now your body is a little confused just like you are.





Just give it time (say 3 months) and the interim bleeding should stop. If it doesn't by then, it only means that your dosage may be a bit too low. If you are still seeing spotting after 3 months, make another appointment with your doctor and see what s/he thinks. It's really not anything to worry about, though.Is it possible to get my period while taking the active birth control pills?
Okay, first ignore the response about having sex and semen, you can get pregnant. The pill is not effective yet.


Second, you just keep taking the pills the way the doctor prescibed them. During the placebo week you should get your period, if you don't its ok. Your body will adjust to the pill cycle. Do not stop taking the pills.
If you take one pill a day as directed by your doctor, it should be fine. You should get your period when you use the placebo pills.





If you want to delay your period until longer, just start a new pack of pills and skip the placebos. It's medically safe not to have your period and many women use this method to avoid getting their cycle at an awkward time.
It takes your body a few months to get used to the new hormones in the pills. But once it does, you should have your period during the placebo pills, but depending on what type and the hormones in the pills spotting during your cycle may be normal.
yes, the only way to stop it is to have sex. if you have sex with different men, the different semen will stop the period.

No comments:

Post a Comment