Sunday, January 24, 2010

How long will it take for ONE antibiotic pill to stop interfering with my birth control?

I took just ONE antibiotic pill before my doctor pulled me off of it. How long will it take before my birth control pill is 100% effective again?How long will it take for ONE antibiotic pill to stop interfering with my birth control?
It depends on the antibiotic and the birth control you are on. I'm sorry I cannot be more help without the details.


EDIT: I think you will be fine.How long will it take for ONE antibiotic pill to stop interfering with my birth control?
Unless it was rifampin, I'd say you're fine personally. Most antibiotics don't actually affect birth control and if you only took one that makes it less likely. If you want to play it safe, wait a week (the normal instruction for a whole course).





Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment